Thanks to the magazine Empire, we now have some tantalizing details based on the upcoming Michael Bay movie, Transformers: Dark of the Moon.
Now, I warn you, below the jump are what could be considered minor and major spoilers for the movie (including info on that new mustached transformer up above, called Sentinel Prime). So if you want to go into the movie completely naive, do not click below the jump.
So, thanks to thedailyblam, here are what Bay had to say about the third Transformers movie.
- There will be no sand.
- There will be no dorky humor (“We wanted to make the movie much more serious, more adult.”)
- When a robot dies, it will actually die. And that death will be shown onscreen.
- The robots will be given more ‘weight’ in the story (“They were missed in movie two. We’ve given them a strong back-story and pathos.”)
- Sentinel Prime is “A big brother and mentor to Optimus Prime”.
- The Ferrari is a Decepticon nicknamed ‘Dreadbox’.
- Starscream and Shockwave will have new companions. “The scale on one of them is jaw dropping” – “It will be ‘what the Hell was that thing?”
- The Apollo 11 ‘incident’ show in the teaser is a big government secret.
- There will be no army. Chicago is left in the hands of the Autobots (but some heroes sneak in through the back-door so to speak).
- The human gliders are used because they slip under the Decepticons’ radar – as do humans – so they’ll be the people who can hammer it to the ‘Cons and create an opening for the Autobot
What do you think? Did Bay address your concerns from Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen?
Sound off in the comments below!
HIT THE JUMP for a leaked list of future trailers and TV spots for the film.
Trailer Addict (via SlashFilm) have “accidentally” leaked a listing of future trailers and TV spots for the film: * ANNOUNCEMENT TRAILER – DECEMBER 8, 2010
* SUPERBOWL TV SPOT “DARK” – FEBRUARY 6, 2011
* DAYTONA TV SPOT “NASCAR” – FEBRUARY 19, 2011
* TEASER TRAILER – MARCH 25, 2011
* REELZ TV SPOT “AUTOBOTS” – APRIL 3, 2011
* MTV TV SPOT “MOON” – APRIL 21, 2011
* THEATRICAL TRAILER – MAY 5, 2011
* NICK TV SPOT “INVADE” – JUNE 13, 2011
* MOVIE RELEASE IN 3D – JULY 1, 2011
* 5 MINUTE SNEAK PEEK on NICKELODEON – July 25, 2011
* DVD TV SPOT 1 – SEPTEMBER 8, 2011
* DVD TV SPOT 2 – SEPTEMBER 23, 2011
* DVD/BLU-RAY RELEASE – OCTOBER 4, 2011