As you know, San Diego Comic Con is right around the corner, July 21st-24th. As another year of nerdy goodness comes our way so does a slew of new and exciting exclusive toys.
It’s always been a staple for attendees to walk a way with a plastic treasure (if you can get em’) to commemorate the once a year event, but as each year passes the toys seem to get cooler and cooler. As a result, a bit of jealousy takes over fans that are not able to attend. Toys nerds want, that they will probably never have, make nerds angry and as anyone knows you don’t want to make a nerd angry (really, just a bunch of screaming, sweating, panting and crying). Anyway, Comic-Con 2011 is set to be one of the best years yet for exclusive toys.
Kicking off the exclusive toy news train comes an exclusive video from G4, who went to Mattel to see all it’s SDCC exclusive toys and boy….there going to be some real furious nerds. Well, only slightly furious. These toys will be available on MattyCollector.com after SDCC. Only catch is that they will be variants; accessories will be dropped, packaging changed and so forth. So you’ll be able to get the figs, but they will just feel like second hand goods. You’ll want the Comic-Con versions.
After all you’re only a real fan if you go to San Diego Comic Con to buy their toys.
Here’s the line-up as mentioned above:
• Ghostbusters Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man (bigger than the NECA version) ZOMG I want! It will remind me of my days at Camp Oconda.
• DCUC Swamp Thing (the SDCC version comes with UnMen) I hate swamp thing (he’s all swampy) but this is damn cool. I’ll take it! And by take it, I mean I will find someone who has one and beat them into submission.
• Green Lantern Movie Kilowog. It’s not the size of the figure that counts, it’s the articulation (hehe sexual innuendo). Does displaying big toys on your shelf mean your over compensating for something?
• Green Lantern Barbie as Carol Fenris I’ll have the UnMen do some sexual swampy things to her.
• MOTUC Queen Marlena with Cringer (comes with an alternate astronaut suit,– Heads up, she’ll be packaged as Queen Marlena at SDCC and as “Captain Glenn” later on MattyCollector.com) As a He-Man fan myself I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today (what?). My collection must be complete. I want He-Man’s mommy.
• She-Ra Polly Pocket Trio (She-Ra, Frosta and Catra) She-Ra’s cool and everything, but Polly pocket? *shakes head*
• A very Cartoony looking Gundam type Voltron . If anything I want it just for the sound chip of the shows intro.
• Young Justice Superboy in Project Cadmus Outfit No comment
So if you’re attending Comic-Con then good luck waitin’ in line for 5+ hours. If you’re attempting to buy them on ebay, sell an organ. Shit will be expensive.
HIT THE JUMP FOR SOME IMAGES
Head on over to MattyCollector.com for more product pics and information
Category: Nerd Culture