Those of us who are Harry Potter nerds through and through have often fantasized about kicking back after a fuckin’ long day with a Butterbeer, the drink of choice of many witches and wizards of our general age. It is especially difficult for those of us who have yet to visitThe Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Florida.
Now, thanks to Feast of Fiction, there’s no need to don pants and we can make our own Butterbeer right at home! There have been fan-made Butterbeer recipes for ages, but this actually looks really good.
Hit the jump for the recipe!
6 Tbsp of sugar
3 tsp of vanilla extract
1 cup heavy cream
2 tsp of butter flavoring
- Combine ingredients in a large mixing/Kitchen Aid bowl.
- Mix or whip on a medium to high speed until you get soft peaks, this can take anywhere from 2-4 minutes
IBC Cream Soda (or any cream soda)
Mrs. Richardson’s Butterscotch Caramel (for slushie and hot drink)
Milk (for hot drink)
Brown sugar (for hot drink)
- 1 bottle/can Cream Soda
- 1 tbsp artificial butter flavoring (more depending on personal taste)
- Combine ingredients in a frosted glass, mix well
- 1 tbsp of Mrs. Richardson’s Butterscotch Caramel
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 bottle/can of Cream Soda
- Combine ingredients in a blender. Blend well until frothy
- Heat on medium
- 1 glass of milk
- 1 tbsp of Butterscotch Caramel
- 1 tbsp of Brown sugar
- Mix all together in a pot on medium heat. Stir until drink is desired hotness
FOR ALL DRINKS: pour out into a mug, add a layer of foam, and enjoy!
- Butterscotch Schnapps (add in at any point you are mixing the liquid ingredients for the butterbeer)
Source: You Bent My Wookie