First, Rocksteady Games took the Batman franchise and turned it into one of the single best video game franchise of all-time with Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. Doning their utility belt of success, the game developers have decided to resurrect another gaming franchise, four mutant turtles and their talking rat master. Maybe you’ve heard of them?
The rumor going around is that Rocksteady may possibly be developing a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles video game called “The Manhattan Crisis”, no relation to 1992′s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Manhattan Project. While this is only an Internet rumor right now, no one at Rocksteady has publicly denied the rumor either.
As far as we have can gather:
– All four Turtles will be playable, with flashbacks played as Master Splinter/Hamato Yoshi.
– Gameplay and story/stage progression will be similar to Batman: Arkham City.
– Bosses include Bebop and Rocksteady, Dr. Baxter Stockman, Shredder (Oroku Saki), and Krang. In the case of the humans-turned-mutants, you fight them in both forms throughout the story.
– The Turtle Van and Turtle Blimp will be included.
– The game will use Arkham City‘s graphics engine.
– The game is expected to be more dark than slapstick.
Having a five-star developer working on what most NerdBastards grew up watching is outstanding. If Rocksteady can somehow manage to repeat the magic act they pulled with Batman while keeping the game interesting including multiple player input, Rocksteady could be the king of the gaming mountain for years.
Just no Vanillia Ice, we’ve had enough to deal with after TMNT.
Source: You Bent My Wookie