Superhero Round-Up: Agent Coulson Get’s A Poster, We Get All The Batmobiles, Spidey Has Tighty Whiteys And, More!
The start of the superhero movie season is just a month away with the release of The Avengers. Wait… if you count Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance it started like a month and a half ago but does that movie really count? 2012 really does have an amazing line-up of cape and tights movies, after the earths mightiest heroes decimate the box office, Batman and Spider-Man will be swinging in to make to finish the job.
This week on the Superhero Round-Up we’ve got some Bat news (what it lacks in hard news on The Dark Knight Rises it makes up in sheer awesomeness), a look into what has been happening on the set of The Amazing Spider-Man, and yes you know we can’t do one of these right now without something from The Avengers.
It starts after the jump.
Let’s get this out of the way first. Marvel Studios has launched the S.H.I.E.L.D. Ops microsite and before we proceed I want to warn you, it contains major spoilers.
Are you ready?
Ok then, but don’t say I didn’t warn you. In The Avengers, the ‘Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistics Division’ apparently have a hefty budget for mid-sized luxury sedans. Yes, the official car of S.H.I.E.L.D. is an Acura.
S.H.I.E.L.D. has returned in Marvel’s upcoming movie The Avengers, and they’ve brought a new fleet of high powered Acura vehicles to battle evil. Visit SHIELDops.com to find out what these futuristic Acura models have in their arsenal and play along for a chance to win some awesome Acura/Avengers prizes. Prizes include a 1:43 scale Acura Supercar and a “Tony Stark Experience” trip to New York. Visit SHIELDops.com today to find out more!
Now, there is something that does count along the lines of spoiler in the 30 second spot that runs with the Acura tie in. You know that big ol’alien snake we chasing Iron Man in the trailer? While they try and sell you a car you do get a nice look at what could be the ‘Leviathan’. [via CBM]
More from The Avengers, and much much more important. Clark Gregg, or as you know him, the dude that plays Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., Phil Coulson tweeted this earlier.
Finally, the best character in the movies gets his rightful treatment. Boo ya indeed.
You know, if they want to scrap all the other movies and just carry on with ‘The Agent Coulson Chronicles’ I would be completely fine with that.
Now before you get your hopes up, the set of Christopher Nolan‘s The Dark Knight Rises is as secretive and tight lipped as ever. Hell it’s been awhile since we’ve even seen some leaked pictures. Well, tenuously related over the weekend Warner Bros. was filming some bonus content for the Blu-Ray release (apparently they are already working on it) and it featured the Batmobile. Which one?
ALL OF THEM!
Now, serious question. Which, in your opinion is the ‘best’ Batmobile? Don’t forget to defend your stance in the comments below.
Further Bat-related tidbits, The escapist is reporting that the next DLC for Batman: Arkham City won’t just be another lame ass challenge map but a full fledged story featuring none other than Harley Quinn! While this is just a rumor, I believe it is time to celebrate with some Harley Quinn cosplay from Sophia Lancaster!
On a final Bat note, roll back to when Batman Begins was just beginning. Remember the rumor that Guy Pearce was being woo’d to play a villain? He’s finally spoke out about it and you’ll never guess which one he could have been. [via CBM]
Personally, I am very glad he didn’t end up in the role. Would he be a great villain? Hell yea, just not that one.
Marc Webb‘s The Amazing Spider-Man is all but ready for it’s July 3rd release and the hype machine is just starting it’s engine. The need for good press to help a blockbuster succeed is obvious, the marketing weasels have to make sure each and every step is made to make the movie look good to the public. Step one, have the star go on a day time talk show and talk about his junk.
Here’s Andrew Garfield on Ellen [Via CBM]– (come one, say twig and berries you limey Brit)
Speaking of the hype machine, 3 clips (of the grainy ass butcam variety) have made their way onto the net via a Sony Pictures/Kellogg’s cereal iPhone contest. What we see is the transformation of awkward teenage Peter Parker into awkward teenage superhero Spider-Man. Not really sure what to think about the 3-Stooges routine with the web, either. [via HR]
To wrap up, how about those other Spider-Man movies, you know the ones made by Sam Rami. Well, just in time for the reboot to hit theartes, they will be hitting home theaters. Cinema Blend is reporting that the Rami Spider-Man triliogy will be getting a updated Blu-Ray release on June 12th. Check out the box art plus the list of features below.
New to the “Spider-Man” Blu-ray:
- “Spider Sense Trivia Challenge” — Rise to the ultimate web-slinging challenge as you test your “Spider-Man” movie knowledge in this over feature trivia game. Do you have the spider sense to achieve the highest score?
- “The Spider-man Cutting Room” — Create and share your own video using clips and music from the movie!
- New collectible O-Ring packaging
“Spider-Man” Blu-ray Bonus Features Also Include:
- Filmmakers and Cast Commentary Sam Raimi, Laura Ziskin, Grant Curtis, and Kirsten Dunst
- Visual Effects Designer & Crew Commentary John Dykstra & Special Effects Crew
- Tobey Maguire and J.K. Simmons Commentary
- “Spider-Man: The Mythology of the 21st Century”
- HBO Making of “Spider-Man”
- “Spider-Mania” an E! Entertainment Special
- Director Profile: Sam Raimi
- Composer Profile: Danny Elfman
- Costume Design Featurette
- Seven Behind The Scenes of “Spider-Man” Featurettes
- Screen Tests with Tobey Maguire, J.K. Simmons, and CGI Spider-Man
- Costume and Makeup Tests
- Gag/Outtake Reel
- Six Muti-angle Webisodes
- Music Video: “Hero” performed by Chad Kroeger and featuring Josey Scott. Performed by Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger, Saliva vocalist Josey Scott, Pearl Jam drummer Matt Cameron, and Theory Of A Dead Man guitarist Tyler Connolly
- Music Video: “What We’re All About” performed by Sum 41
New to the “Spider-Man 2” Blu-ray:
- New collectible O-Ring packaging
“Spider-Man 2” Blu-ray Bonus Features Also Include:
- Commentary with cast and crew (Theatrical Version)
- Technical commentary (Theatrical Version)
- Commentary with Producer Laura Ziskin and Screen Writer Alvin Sargent (Extended Version)
- Blooper Reel
- 12 Part Making of — Making the Amazing Featurette
- Hero in Crisis Featurette
- Ock-Umentary Featurette
- Five-Part Visual Effects Breakdown
New to the “Spider-Man 3” Blu-ray:
- New collectible O-Ring packaging
“Spider-Man 3” Blu-ray Bonus Features Also Include:
- Commentary with Director and Cast
- Filmmaker Commentary
- Concept Gallery: Sketches
- Concept Gallery: Paintings
- Concept Gallery: Sculptures
- Photo Gallery: Special Effects
- Photo Gallery: Director and Cast
- Music Video: “Signal Fire” by Snow Patrol
“Spider-Man” has a run time of approximately 121 minutes and is rated PG-13 for stylized violence and action. “Spider-Man 2” Theatrical version has a run time of approximate 127 minutes and is rated PG-13 for stylized action violence. Extended version “Spider-Man 2.1” has a run time of approximate 136 minutes and is NOT RATED. “Spider-Man 3” has a run time of approximate 139 minutes and is rated PG-13 for sequences of intense action violence.