One of the big reveals at San Diego Comic Con this year was a new trailer, and new details, about the upcoming 23rd James Bond movie, Skyfall. If you’re looking forward to seeing this new trailer, I hope you live near an IMAX screen because that’s going to be the only place you can see it (at least until the inevitable online leak).
For the rest of you (or maybe if you just hate waiting) here’s some detail from what /Film correspondent Russ Fischer saw in the IMAX Remix inside the IMAX Dome at the Reuben H. Fleet Science Center in San Diego:
- There were hints of at least two of the action set pieces in the film: the crashing of a London tube (subway) train and part of a train sequence shot in Turkey. The Turkey scene also involved Bond girl Naomie Harris in an “unexpected” way.
- There was a scene were Ralph Fiennes’ character rebuking M (Judi Dench) for losing a flash drive containing the identities of every British secret agent undercover with terrorist groups.
- M at one point calls Bond (Daniel Craig) unpredictable
- We get our first look at Ben Whishaw as Q, who Fischer says has more in common with Simon Pegg’s character in Mission: Impossible than previous incarnations played by Desmond Llewelyn, and more recently John Cleese. In the trailer, there’s a scene where Q tells Bond that he can “kill more people with his computer, while wearing pajamas at home, than Bond can do in a year.” (Incidentally, Entertainment Weekly has posted the first photo of the new Q as seen below.)
- Javier Bardem‘s villain was only glimpsed at, so sadly there’s no new detail about him.
Skyfall comes out in North American theaters November 9th.