Disney put out a big update for many of the upcoming Marvel movies today. The biggest news is that Edgar Wright‘s Ant-Man now has a release date of November 6, 2015.That’s AFTER the second Avengers movie, so unless we get a surprise cameo, we most likely won’t see him in the sequel before his big solo movie premiere. My money is on a mid-credits The Avengers II cameo.
That means that Ant-Man will be part of Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase Three. Phase three starts the same year that The Avengers II is released May 1, 2015.
Everyone pretty much expected the additional confirmation news that the sequels for Thor and Iron-Man will be available in 3D. The same will most likely happen with Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy once shooting on both projects gets under way. That’s the way Hollywood works these days, make it in 3D.
Here’s the Marvel news from the release.
- IRON MAN 3 will now be available in 3D – previously announced 5/3/13 wide playdate is unchanged (Marvel)
- THOR: THE DARK WORLD is final title of previous “Thor 2” and will now be available in 3D – previously announced 11/8/13 wide playdate is unchanged (Marvel)
- CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER is final title of previous “Captain America 2” – previously announced 4/4/14 wide playdate is unchanged (Marvel)
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is final title of previous “Marvel Untitled” – previously announced 8/1/14 is unchanged (Marvel)
- ANT-MAN is now dated on 11/6/15 wide (Marvel)
What do you think? How and when will Ant-Man be brought into the Marvel Universe? Let us know what you think in the comments section below.