While the news that Neil Gaiman would write another episode of Doctor Who was confirmed about a month ago we now know where in the second part of Series 7 that episode will fall. Shared via Gaiman’s personal Tumblr was a link to Doctor Who TV‘s listing of the finalized line-up,
706. Written by Steven Moffat. Directed by Colm McCarthy. (Filming now)
707. Written by Neil Cross. Directed by Farren Blackburn. (Not filmed)
708. Written by Mark Gatiss. Directed by Douglas Mackinnon. (Filmed)
709. Written by Neil Cross. Directed by Jamie Payne. (Filmed)
710. Written by Stephen Thompson. Directed by Mat King. (Filmed)
711. Written by Mark Gatiss. Directed by Saul Metzstein. (Filmed)
712. Written by Neil Gaiman. Directed by Stephen Wolfenden. (Not filmed)
713. Written by Steven Moffat. Directed by TBA. (Not filmed)
This official Series 7, Part 2 line-up was revealed in the most recent issue of Doctor Who Magazine. In addition to knowing how long we’ll be waiting for Gaiman’s penned episode - being that it’s the penultimate episode, a long time – you can also see Steven Moffat has written the first and last episode and often-collaborator Mark Gatiss has written two. I’ve enjoyed the two episodes Steven Thompson has written for Moffat and Gatiss’ other series, Sherlock, “The Blind Baker” and “The Reichenbach Fall,” but less so his Doctor Who episode, “The Curse of the Black Spot.” Hopefully 7.10 is closer to Sherlock than Who. Not to be left out, Neil Cross the creator of Luther has been tapped to write two episodes, so it’s clear Series 7, Part 2 is pulling from the best of the best. All in all, I think the second half of Series 7 is shaping up nicely.
Which episode of the “2013 Series,” as DWM is billing it, are you most excited for?