The movie franchise may have ended over a year ago, but J. K. Rowling‘s Harry Potter film adaptation continues to live on in highly expensive merchendise. This Christmas fans of the series can expect their holiday to be a bit more magical -as long as they’re will to spend a lot of muggle money in the process.
For those die-hard Potter fans their collection is going to mean owl crap without Harry Potter: Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey, a $1000 dollar book collection. According to EW The Complete Filmmaking Journey will feature:
“eight volumes, each of which is designed to resemble a book from the library shelves at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry…”
Sounds pretty awesome, eight books devoted to one of the most popular book to film franchises of all time with each book desgined to look like something ripped out of the Harry Potter universe. Even with it’s thousand dollar price tag you know some people will fight tooth and wand for a set of their own. Here’s the full details from the Amazon listing as to what the entire collection will include:
• A cloth-covered case, styled to look like a shelf from a shop in Diagon Alley• A cloth-bound edition of Harry Potter: Page to Screen• Seven additional volumes detailing the Harry Potter creative team’s ten years of extensive efforts:
- * The Creature Shop Compendium: Flora and Fauna from the Harry Potter Films
- * Environments Envisioned: Building Fantastic Sets and Scouting Dramatic Locations
- * A Guide to the Graphic Arts Department: Posters, Prints, and Publications from the Harry Potter Films
- * Movie Magic: Practical Props and Exciting Effects
- * The Paintings of Hogwarts: Masterpieces from the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Sets
- * Ten Years Later: Life on Set with the Harry Potter Cast and Crew
- * Wizard Wear and Muggle Attire: Costuming the World of Harry Potter• A replica of The Monster Book of Monsters film prop• A gilded portfolio of five frame-able prints of original Harry Potter concept art
I’m sorry, but even if your doing this for the books or just to be one of only three thousand to get your hands on this, the biggest draw is probably going to be that replica of The Monster Book of Monsters. Everyone that’s watched Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban will remember that book going apeshit on Harry and his other books. And yes, they’re have been toys in response to the magical book, but none is such detail.
$1,000 a bit too much for you? Well, there is goodish news, you can pre-order right now and get a huge 40% discount on the collection (still $600, or roughly the cost of a serviceable used Vespa). So, what’s it gonna be? Potter super-fan or Italian scooter enthusiast?
Can’t decide? Then check out the promotional video and images of The Complete Filmmaking Journey.
Source: Entertainment Weekly