Greetings from the new year of 2013! And with a new year comes all new details from the upcoming Justice League movie, written by Will Beale. With the film slated for a release date some time in 2015, Warner Bros. is busy gathering their resources to step up against Joss Whedon and The Avengers.
At this moment, there are minimal details available about the Justice League project. One of the few known details is that the film will be based off Gerry Conway’s 1980 Justice League Of America issues 183-185. You would think, then, that the film’s details would be under some tight wraps right now. Not so, according to Cosmic Book News, who claim to have insider information on the character breakdowns for the Justice League and its roster of heroes that have made the cut. The information itself is slim — we know, for example, that Lois Lane and Alfred Pennyworth will be making cameos, but there are some connections to a few DC Comics related films underway.
Check out all the details after the jump.
• Superman is essentially the same character from Man of Steel, and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.
• Wonder Woman: She has only been in man’s world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script Michael Goldenberg is developing will be set before the Justice League movie.
• Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold‘s character from the Green Lantern movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.
• Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.
• Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.
• Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film.
• There will also be a heavy military presence in the film which in future rewrites could include characters featured in Man of Steel or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett) of which neither are included in the first draft.
• Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance.
• Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo.
• Darkseid’s Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film.
Even with the site’s insider source and the inclusion of the upcoming Wonder Woman film, people have still speculated that the news itself is just a rumor and we couldn’t agree more. Other sites, like Flicking Myth, can vouch that Comic Book News has a less then stellar record with their so-called “DC Entertainment source” and there has been no official statement from Warner Bros. in regards to any of the details mentioned.
Fans of DC know that Christian Bale will no longer put on the cowl and it’s unknown whether Michael Caine will return. A new Batman must be cast in place of Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who will also not return. With the only known casting possible being Reynolds and Man of Steel‘s Henry Cavill, the entire cast is currently unknown and will be for some time. So until anyone involved in any Warner Bros. production – past or present – speaks up to address these rumors, they should all be taken with a grain of salt until something solid comes up.
We personally have our fingers crossed for Adrian Grenier as Aquaman; that’ll make a bunch of us Entourage fanboys really happy.
Source: Geek Tyrant