Battlestar Galactica re-booter Ronald Moore‘s new SyFy virus thriller, Helix has beefed up the cast with a sc-fi fan favorite, recently announcing the addition of Jeri Ryan (Star Trek: Voyager) to the cast. What role will Ryan play?
Ryan is set to play Constance Sutton, Chief Operating Officer of Ilaria Corporation. The company that owns Arctic Biosystems. That’s the Arctic research facility where Helix takes place. Word is that Ryan’s character plays hard ball to get her way and isn’t afraid to use her charms. It should be fun to see her playing the savvy business woman.
Helix is an intense thriller about a team of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control who travel to a high-tech research facility in the Arctic to investigate a possible disease outbreak, only to find themselves pulled into a terrifying life-and-death struggle that holds the key to mankind’s salvation or total annihilation.
The rest of the cast includes:
- Billy Campbell (The Killing, The 4400) as Dr. Alan Farragut.
- Hiroyuki Sanada (The Wolverine, 37 Ronin) as Dr. Hiroshi Hitaki, director of the outpost and its mysterious viral research programs.
- Kyra Zagorsky (The ABC’s of Death, Soldiers of the Apocalypse) as Dr. Julia Walker
- Mark Ghanime (Emily Owens, M.D.) as Major Sergio Balleseros
- Jordan Hayes (The House at the End of the Street) as Dr. Sarah Jordan
- Meegwun Fairbrother (The Time Traveler) as Daniel Aerov
- Catherine Lemieux (White House Down) as Dr. Doreen Boyle
- Neil Napier (Riddick, 300) as Dr. Peter Farragut
Via: Coming Soon