While the cream of Hollywood celebrated the best that cinema has to offer during the 2014 Academy Awards, across town the worst of the year’s cinema was being heckled and dis-honored with the announcement of the Razzies.
Just as many of the Oscar winners could be predicted, the horrible performances and movies of the 2014 stand out like sore thumbs, sore, swollen, nail-blackened thumbs. They are the cold sore constantly licked by the Internet’s tongue.
The big news of this year’s Razzies is the absence of a win by Adam Sandler. Not that Grownups 2 wasn’t a cheap cash grab for all involved, but that this breaks Sandler’s two-year Razzie streak.
The Smith family takes it on the chin for After Earth. Which they kinda deserve, that movie was hard to watch. After all , what could go wrong. Just take an actor with a bubbly personality like Will Smith, and make him a stern emotionless automaton of a father, fans will eat that up!
Here’s the winners, and never forget: It’s just as much a burn to be nominated, as it is to win a Razzie.
- Worst Picture: Movie 43
- Worst Actor: Jaden Smith, After Earth
- Worst Actress: Tyler Perry (in drag), A Madea Christmas
- Worst Supporting Actor: Will Smith, After Earth
- Worst Supporting Actress: Kim Kardashian, Tyler Perry’s Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor
- Worst Screen Combo: Jaden Smith and Will Smith, After Earth
- Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel: The Lone Ranger
- Worst Director: The 13 People Who Directed Movie 43
- Worst Screenplay: Movie 43 (written by 19 “screenwriters”)
Which Movie did you hate the most?