Thanks to director James Gunn, we’ve got some new stills from Guardians of the Galaxy featuring the latest look in prison garb. If that’s not enough, Gunn also has some words about Thanos and how he ties into Avengers 3.
Let’s get right to the new stills:
What do you think? The writing on the legs must have something to do with the charges or convictions the prisoner is facing. Notice that Rocket’s probably goes around his leg after going from hip to … claw? Of course Groot has no pants…
I’m not sure what those circles are, perhaps something that pops up when prisoners are not complying with the guards orders? For those of you with sharp eyes, that is a robot/prosthetic let that Starlord has draped over his shoulder. He probably picked it up after Drax ripped it off some poor guy.
Does Groot look taller? Like he is growing?
We also see Gamora (Zoe Saldana) and Starlord (Chris Pratt) holding that artifact the Starlord tried to steal.
Commenter Al Patrickson got his hands on a copy of the latest Entertainment Weekly in which James Gunn had a number of things to say about the movie and picked out 5 points from the article he thought all Guardians of the Galaxy fans should know:
- 5) Peter Quill left Earth at age 8 and joined a group of smugglers called the Ravagers. Also, his home on Earth is Missouri.
- 4) Vin Diesel describes Groot as a “bad mofo from Planet X” even though James Gunn says Groot is truly “very innocent and just wants to be liked by Rocket Raccoon and do the right thing”.
- 3) Gamora’s comic book establishment will still be intact as she is the adopted daughter of Thanos, but with a major twist: Thanos murdered her family as well as Nebula’s family and raised both of them as his adopted daughters, so, Nebula is now Thanos’s second adopted daughter.
- 2) Thanos is still confirmed to show up in the movie after his recent first appearance at the end of “The Avengers”, and it is revealed that he will be a CGI-motion capture character like Rocket and Groot. However, his voice actor is still not revealed/found yet, but hopefully will get the announcement of who soon in the remaining 16 weeks leading up to the film’s release. Also, James Gunn describes Thanos as “the head of the snake” of villains in the movie.
- 1) This is the last but very excitingly important piece of info revealed about “Guardians of the Galaxy”, Marvel is going to be tight-lipped on when and if the Guardians will return. However, James Gunn slipped this exciting piece of info: “We’re definitely connected to ‘Avengers 3’.” Gunn said. And, this means we are gonna see the Guardians and Avengers team-up to battle Thanos in “Avengers 3” for the ultimate Marvel brand-merging worldwide hit.
Now that Nathan Fillion spilled the beans about a cameo or post credits scene in Guardians of the Galaxy, and one thinks about what was said in the article about Thanos, we might be able to connect the dots.
Is Fillion Thanos?
Think about it. Thanos is called the “head of the snake” of villains. That means we might not see much of him except in short bits. I’m guessing that the Guardians of the Galaxy gang doesn’t even go head to head with Thanos in this first movie, but discover that Thanos is the guy they really want to put a hurting on.
The casting of Thanos has not been announced…
Fillion hints at a role in Guardians of the Galaxy…
That makes me think Fillion IS Thanos! How cool will that be?
What do you think?
Via: Guard the Galaxy