Even though he had already been talking about it, and already working on it, there wasn’t 100 per cent certainty that Bryan Singer would be back in the director’s chair for the next X-Men film, Apocalypse. Perhaps the sense that Singer was a question mark was compounded by the filmmaker’s recent legal trouble, but that $100 million long opening weekend haul has got to have sealed the deal, at least on a corporate end, to make a place for Singer’s return. And according to a source close the production, Singer will indeed by back for more mutant mayhem.
The source is X-Men: Days of Future Past screenwriter Simon Kinberg, who told The Daily Beast that Singer will be back, as it were. Time travel movie in-joke. “That is the plan,” he said responding directly to question of Singer’s return.
Of course, Singer’s return is not the only one in the works for Apocalypse. It was recently reported that along with the actors from the First Class cast – James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult – members of the original trilogy cast might also be back. Also back (presumptively) is Evan Peters‘ Quicksilver and, potentially, Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. Younger versions of Gambit and Nightcrawler have also been mentioned as possible mutants for the new film. Kinberg is currently in the process of writing the screenplay with X2: X-Men United co-writers Dan Harris and Mike Dougherty.
X-Men: Apocalypse is scheduled to be in theaters on May 27, 2016.
Source: Cinema Blend