And now for another exciting installment of the Star Wars: Episode VII Rumormill, where we here at Nerd Bastards relate the latest info coming down the tubes of the Internet. It may be truth, but it’s probably not. Either way, prepare to speculate on the newest rumors regarding which villains will be showing up to fight against Luke, Han and the new, young cast in Episode VII.
Warning! May contain spoilers of the true and false variety. Read at own risk.
- Rumor #1 – The chief baddies are “Jedi Hunters”. They dress in black and chrome, have squads of troopers in similar garb helping them out, wield lightsabers and, as their name implies, they hunt Jedi. The archetype of the characters has been compared to the Inquisitor in Star Wars Rebels. They are also said to worship the Sith and are on a quest to make their presence felt once again within the universe.
- Rumor #2 – There will be three Jedi Hunter villains in the film. These will supposedly be played/voiced by Lupita Nyong’o, Adam Driver and David Oyelowo.
- Rumor #3 – The rise of the New Republic has not occurred. Speculation is that the Jedi Hunters are the cause of the lack of political stability. Thus, we will be thrown right into the middle of a major conflict with Episode VII.
- Rumor #4 – A main bad guy Sith will be resurrected during Episode VIII and then become the main villain until defeated in Episode IX.
- Rumor #5 – The Jedi Hunters have been around since the times of the Emperor, but were never called into play because Luke was the only real Jedi around and Darth Vader didn’t want them messing up his plans.
So there you have it, folks. Take them or leave them as you see fit. If the rumors are true, however, it does sound like an interesting ride for Episode VII. Let’s just hope that J.J. Abrams and the gang puts it together right.
What say the Nerd Readers? Do these plot and character details sound good enough for the next movie? Or is there something else you would rather see happen?