Fox is firing up the preproduction for Gambit, an X-Men-franchise film set to start Channing Tatum in the title role. Taking what had been established in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and likely throwing it all out the window (along with that film’s Deadpool persona, even though that character was played by Ryan Reynolds and will be played by Reynolds again in the Deadpool solo film), the new solo-star film should start shooting in the last few months of this year. Today we get word that a casting call has gone out for several of the film’s main characters.
According to Showbiz411.com, a 20th Century Fox film called Chess sent out the casting call, but given the fact that the film is shooting in New Orleans and that there has been no other advance-press info on a movie by that title, we’re all making the leap and figuring that this is, in fact, info for Gambit (a “gambit” is a risky move that a player might make in a game of strategy and chance, like…chess. Get it?). As it was given, here is the casting call:
- Louis– Male, any ethnicity, 40s-50s. Elegant and intelligent. An appealing entrepreneur with an unexpected dark side.
- Vera– Female, any ethnicity, mid 20s – early 30s. Beautiful, smart, tough, fiery and unpredictable.
- Wes– Male, any ethnicity, mid 20s – mid 30s. Aspirational but weak minded. Soulful and sensitive.
- Fritz– Male, any ethnicity, 40s – 50s. A professional thief. Charismatic con-artist. Warm hearted but untrustworthy.
- Nash– Male, any ethnicity, mid 20s – early 30s. A potent threat. Heir to his mother’s business. Malevolent.
- Willhelm– Male, any ethnicity, 30s. Dangerous street criminal. Protective and loyal to his family. Intensely loyal and violent.
- Gary– Male, any ethnicity, mid 20s – early 30s. A little simple; dim-witted and passive.
- Nonna—Female, any ethnicity, mid 20s – 30 years old. Uptight, corporate, vicious, sexual.
- Joe– Male, any ethnicity, 30s. He’s a gun for hire. He is the black sheep of his family. Not from good breeding but from a working class family.
- Ben–Male, any ethnicity, 20s. Just reaching adulthood. A street kid, a disaffected outsider, an orphan.
- Boris–Male, Hispanic, 20s. Charming, handsome, and dangerous.
- Clarissa– Female, mixed race, 10 – 12 years old. Ethereal and other worldly. Very expressive.
- Wolfgang– Male, authentic French, 40s. A French criminal. Must speak fluent French.
- Howard– Male, Caucasian. 50s. A refined European mobster who speaks fluent French.
A fairly sizable cast of main characters, by the looks of it. Gambit’s budget is reported at $150 million, so odds are good that at least a few of these characters will be played by well-known stars. Let us know in the comments: do any of these descriptions make you think of a certain actor/actress for a specific part?
via: The Mary Sue