Omaze charity efforts for the Star Trek: To Boldly Go campaign, has afforded fans some great sneak peeks of the forthcoming sequel Star Trek Beyond, including some new aliens, the new Starfleet uniforms, and the cast showing off their best dance moves on the bridge of the Enterprise.
With only one week left to donate, the possibility of earning the chance to win a walk-on role in the move from director Justin Lin is at your finger tips. Of course with only a few days left, a new charity video has surfaced that also acts as a Leonard Nimoy tribute, complete with the cast giving Spock’s customary farewell.
Here’s the Star Trek Beyond charity video tribute to Leonard Nimoy from Omaze:
Zachary Quinto, who plays the current iteration of Mr. Spock, guides us through this quick tribute to the late Leonard Nimoy, and informs you on how you can pay tribute to Nimoy by donating to this great charitable cause as one of the recipients benefiting from Omaze’s charity work is St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, as put forth by Susan Nimoy, in honor of her husband.
If this is the first you’re hearing of the Omaze charity campaign with Star Trek, below you’ll find all the pertinent information, including where the money is going and what you have a chance at winning, just for giving back a little bit.
The Star Trek: To Boldly Go campaign supports the cast’s personal selection of nine global causes, which will each receive equal portions of the funds raised when fans enter for a chance to win a walk-on role in director Justin Lin’s Star Trek Beyond, the third film in the blockbuster franchise, to be released on July 8, 2016. The campaign runs from 12:01 a.m. PST on July 14th until 11:59 p.m. PST September 1st.
By donating directly to Omaze.com/StarTrek, fans will be supporting these nine global causes:
- Brave Beginnings, an organization dedicated to ensuring that ventilators and life-saving neonatal equipment are always available to newborns in critical need. Nominated by Zoë Saldana.
- Camp Sunshine, a place where children with life-threatening illnesses and their families can regroup, reenergize, and restore hope for the future. Nominated by Anton Yelchin.
- Direct Relief International, one of the premiere disaster relief organizations that operates worldwide. Nominated by Zachary Quinto.
- Heaven Homes, an organization helping establish children’s homes and centers, while providing secure, safe and loving environments where children can be nurtured to realize their full potential. Nominated by Idris Elba.
- KidsCan, an organization that provides food, clothing and healthcare to disadvantaged youth in New Zealand. Nominated by Karl Urban.
- Koreatown Youth & Community Center, an organization serving the evolving needs of the Korean American population in the greater Los Angeles area as well as the multiethnic Koreatown community. Nominated by John Cho.
- Make-A-Wish, whose remarkable work is making wishes come true every day for children suffering from lifethreatening illnesses. Nominated by Chris Pine.
- Time is Precious, an organization helping to create a more comfortable and relaxed atmosphere for children, which in return helps assist with their treatment and recovery. Nominated by Simon Pegg.
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, an organization that is leading the way in advancing cures for childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases. Nominated by Susan Nimoy in honor of Leonard Nimoy.
In addition, fans who donate set amounts larger than $10 can receive special limited edition Star Trek rewards including t-shirts, posters, a cast-autographed red shirt, an advanced private screening of Star Trek Beyond, and a replica Captain’s chair.
Be a hero and donate to your geeky hearts content, and help others boldly go where no man has gone before!