Fan Creates Mind-Blowing “Chronological Order” Trailer From Available ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Footage
This might be the new Internet thing. Piecing together the available footage from a movie into what chronological order you think the movie will follow. Mike V. on YouTube did just that with J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars: The Force Awakens footage that includes trailers, teasers, and TV clips into one huge trailer. Now none of this is official in any way, it’s just a fan having fun and speculating… but I think he may have nailed this one. That’s why I am inserting this !!!!HUGE SPOILER WARNING!!!!! I watched it and think it is brilliant… but you might not want to because of possible spoilers. There’s no “new footage” or anything you haven’t seen before… but the chronological placement might be new spoilers for you.
Let’s not waste any more time, here’s the video that will either make your day… or ruin it depending on your perspective:
Holy crap… what did you think of that? I gotta say I think he nailed it and that explains why we don’t see a lot of Luke. I am in love with the idea that the third trilogy is about the redemption of Luke Skywalker… like his father before him.
Mike V. posted this to the video on Youtube detailing the thinking behind his scene placement:
Here is what I think the basic summary of the film is to explain why I put the clips in the order that they are.
– Poe Dameron (with BB-8) is sent by Leia to Jakku to find Rey.
– Kylo Ren and The First Order arrive on Jakku. They attack a village and Poe is captured. BB-8 escapes.
– Poe is brought to the Star Destroyer, Finalizer, that is in orbit of Jakku.
– Kylo Ren tortures Poe and uses the Force to extract information from him.
– Finn witnesses Poe being tortured. Having a crisis of conscience, Finn decides to help free Poe (Poe’s blood is on Finn’s helmet). Finn ends up with Poe’s jacket.
– Finn and Poe both flee in separate TIE fighters, but Finn’s TIE Fighter takes damage and crash lands on Jakku.
– Rey is going about her day, scavenging from the remains of the Star Destroyer, Inflictor. She encounters BB-8.
– Kylo Ren regroups with the rest of the First Order to witness the test fire of their new superweapon, Star Killer Base.
– Rey and BB-8 eventually encounter Finn.
– The First Order attack the trio and they then are aided by Han Solo and Chewbacca.
– The group uses the Millennium Falcon to escape Jakku.
– The group formally meet each other and then go to Takodana to meet Maz Kanata in her castle.
– Maz Kanata senses that Rey is Force sensitive and discusses this with her.
– The First Order is made aware of the groups location and attacks Maz Kanata’s castle, leaving it in ruins. Kylo Ren looks for Rey and captures her.
– Poe and the Resistance lead a rescue party, which starts the Battle of Takodana. All are rescued except for Rey, who is taken to Starkiller Base.
– The Resistance Regroups. Maz Kanata gives Anakin/Luke’s lightsaber to Leia.
– The Resistance plans a rescue of Rey as well as an attack on Star Killer Base.
– The Battle of Star Killer Base ensues.
– Kylo Ren faces Finn in lightsaber combat and emerges victorious (whether Finn survives remains to be seen).
– Rey finally accepts her Force abilities and faces Kylo Ren.
– Luke senses the “Awakening” of the Force in Rey. (Not really sure this clip goes here but it makes the most sense to me).
This is all speculation based on what I’ve read about the film so far. Feel free to leave me feedback and suggestions as to where things might better fit in place.