Is that a shark getting crotch-bumped by a Vegas stripper? We must be getting close to the premiere of ‘Sharknado: The 4th Awakens.’ The SyFy network has released our first look at the guilty pleasure, cheesy but unending film franchise.
The trailer, made public on Sharknado‘s Twitter page, features Fin (Ian Ziering) and his family heading to Vegas for a relaxing getaway. But trouble seems to find him in the City of Sin as sharks infiltrate The Strip. Not only that, but we get a hammerhead doing some major damage to a bar patron, a character who looks like Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine clocking a shark in the face, and the aforementioned stripper using what his momma gave him and fully utilizing the term cockblocking on that ocean predator.
— Sharknado (@SharknadoSyfy) June 1, 2016
‘Sharknado: The 4th Awakens’ picks up five years after the events of ‘Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!’ in which shark-infested tornadoes destroyed the “Feast Coast” (actually the East Coast). Fin (Ian Ziering) and his family have been enjoying a blissful sharknado-free existence, but all of a sudden these freakish weather events start popping up in unexpected places. This sharknado could be the last for Tara Reid‘s April, as Syfy is inviting fans to vote whether #AprilLives or #AprilDies.
Sharknado 4 includes cameos by Stacey Dash as the mayor of Chicago, Dog the Bounty Hunter as as a chainsaw dealer, and Dr. Drew as a pastor. Also scheduled to make appearances are:
- Cynthia Bailey (The Real Housewives of Atlanta), Robert Herjavec (Shark Tank), Kym Johnson (Dancing With the Stars), TV host Carrie Keagan, T’Keyah Crystal Keymah (That’s So Raven), Gena Lee Nolin (Sheena) and Alexandra Paul (Baywatch) will play various Astro-X rocket scientists and astrophysicists.
- Benjy Bronk (The Howard Stern Show) will play a morning show host.
- Jay DeMarcus of Rascal Flatts will play the manager of the Shark World hotel.
- David Faustino (Married with Children) will play a Las Vegas gambler.
- Lori Greiner (Shark Tank) will play a home-shopping guru.
- MMA fighter Frank Mir will play the head of security for the Shark World hotel.
- Patti Stanger (Millionaire Matchmaker) will play a reporter.
- Slipknot’s Corey Taylor will play a Shark World hotel security guard.
- Lastly, the following individuals will appear as themselves: Vince Neil of Motley Crue and Wayne Newton, along with Todd, Savannah and Grayson Chrisley (Chrisley Knows Best).
Sharknado: The 4th Awakens premieres on Syfy July 31.