I’ve never liked bikes. The punk in me always thought I was one “bump over a peddle” from crashing and losing my legs. However, you cannot deny the “coolness” that comes from watching a motorcycle in action. Whether you are a hardcore biker, so just someone who likes watching riders tear up the highway, there’s something very awesome about bikes. Thanks to such shows as Sons of Anarchy and Ride with Norman Reedus and outlaw biker culture in general, bikes are very much a part of popular culture. One thing that peaks people’s interest in bikes are the custom designs. Unlike most cars, each bike has its own intricate designs and its own story to tell. Right now the best storytellers in the game are Marvel Comics. Either through their films or their monthly issues, they have become out modern mythologies. So why not combine them together?
Good news, that’s exactly what Harley-Davidson and Marvel have done. The two companies have partnered to create more than 20 custom motorcycles themed to our favorite superheroes. Many heroes include Thor, Iron-Man, Black Widow, Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, Spider-Gwen, and even Groot. In conjunction with Captain America’s 75th birthday, these bikes will be made. You can enter to win one (if are a resident of Australia and New Zealand). Check out the trailer below.
Here are a few pictures for each of the custom motorcycles.
The bikes will be on display at the upcoming Oz Comic-Con in Sydney, Australia on September 10th and 11th. Here is a list of all the dealerships that are participating.
- Captain America, Street Glide Special (Touring) – Harley-Davidson Australia & New Zealand head office (NSW)
- Spider-man, Iron 883 (Sportster) – Phil’s Garage (NSW) and Canberra H-D (ACT)
- Iron Man – Muscle (V-Rod) – McIver & Veitch (NZ) & Adelaide Bike Works (SA)
- Thor, Breakout (Softail) – Harley-Heaven Western Sydney (NSW)
- Hulk, Fat Boy Lo (Softail) – Geelong H-D (VIC)
- Hulk, Breakout (Softail) – Sun City H-D (QLD)
- Spider-Gwen, Street 500 (Street) – Gasoline Alley Harley-Davidson (QLD) & Fraser Motorcycles Newcastle (NSW)
- Black Widow, Iron 883 (Sportster) – Harley-Heaven Melbourne (VIC) & Sy’s H-D (NSW)
- Wasp. Roadster – Fraser Motorcycles Perth (WA)
- Groot, Street Glide Special (Touring) – Fraser Motorcycles Wollongong (NSW) & Central Coast H-D (NSW)
- Ultron, Night Rod Special (V-Rod) – Horsham H-D (VIC) & Harley Central (VIC)
- Drax the Destroyer, Fat Bob (Dyna) – North Coast V-Twins (NSW) & Richardson’s Harley-Davidson (TAS)
- Black Panther, Breakout (Softail) – Fraser Motorcycles Concord (NSW) & Western Ranges (NSW)
- Ant-Man, Street Bob (Dyna) – Harley City (VIC) & Gold Coast Harley (QLD)
- The Punisher, Forty-Eight (Sportster) – SunShine Coast (QLD) & Rolling Thunder MC (NZ)
- Ghost Rider, Road Glide Special (Touring) – Morgan & Wacker Brisbane (QLD)
- Thanos, Street Glide Special (Touring) – Harley-Heaven Adelaide (SA)
I’m still too much of a baby to actually ride one of these, but that Punisher and Black Panther bikes do look awesome!
Category: Cool Stuff