banner

Alien: Covenant will be in a theatre near you one week from tonight, and for all those disappointed by more than two decades of lacklustre xenomorph action, the hopes and dreams (or dread and nightmares) of fans everywhere go with director Ridley Scott and his cast and crew to deliver a truly great Alien movie once more. To tide you over, the film has released a new clip online with a very familiar set-up. Some hapless humans find a bunch of weird looking eggs, they hear the squeaking and scampering of something inhuman, and then… They take it in the face!

In other Alien news, Scott told Yahoo! UK in a new interview that he may not have as many as four other Alien movies in the bullpen as previously mentioned. He could be doing two more, or even just the one, but in any case, Scott says he’s looking to start production on the next Alien movie very soon. “I’ll probably be filming it within a year,” he said. “It’ll be out within a year and nine months. It’s weird when you’re writing, doing, planning, thinking about franchises, it’s amazing how it opens up and starts to evolve.”

In that same interview, Scott took on a bit of self-reflection and talked about why he thought Prometheus wasn’t as well received by fans as he had hoped. “It went straight up there, and we discovered from it that [the fans] were really frustrated,” he explained. “They wanted to see more of the original [monster] and I thought he was definitely cooked, with an orange in his mouth. So I thought: ‘Wow, OK, I’m wrong’… The fans, in a funny kind of way – they’re not the final word – but they are the reflection of your doubts about something, and then you realize ‘I was wrong’ or ‘I was right’. I think that’s where it comes in. I think you’re not sensible if you don’t actually take [the fans’ reaction] into account.”

Alien: Covenant will be in theatres everywhere on May 19.

Source: Collider

Category: Film

Tags:

Advertisements