This time on The BastardCast: In Conversation, Jeremy and Jason are joined by writer and performer Bill Corbett famously from RiffTrax and Mystery Science Theater 3000. Bill regails the guys with tails of riffing and adventure (adventure being the upcoming RiffTrax Live event, details here.) (more…)
12-21-12 • Comics, FilmPosted by Adam A. Donaldson
This is the problem with online polls, reactionism and predetermined biases tend to reign. Still, one must be at least slightly impressed that 500,000 people voted for anything that wasn’t the next U.S. President or American Idol.
The good people of Rifftrax put their computing power to work on trying to figure out what people thought were the worst movies of all time, and to no one and everyone’s surprise, the 2008 teen vampire romance Twilight came out in the number one slot.
This is the problem with the these types of lists, our memories only go back so far as the last thing we hated to see. All but three of the movies on the list were made in the last 25 years, 15 of them were made in the last 10 years, and 10 of them were made in the last five. Sorry, but I have a hard time believe that in 110 years of cinema, that two-fifths of the worst movies of of all time have been made in the last five years.
Oh, and not to quibble, but #11 – High School the Musical – wasn’t even released in theaters, it was a TV movie. For the record, High School the Musical 3 was the only one of the trilogy to be released on the big screen. Haters can’t even hate right.
Anyway, here’s the full list of the Top 25. It has some of the names you might expect, and a lot of the names you think might deserve a place here. So let’s all now indulge in the hate together.
25. Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny (7,278 votes)
24. The Wicker Man (7,614 votes)
23. Plan 9 From Outer Space (7,696 votes)
22. Battleship (7,942 votes)
21. Manos: The Hands of Fate (8,148 votes)
20. Transformers: Dark of the Moon (8,269 votes)
19. Eragon (8,272 votes)
18. The Happening (8,286 votes)
17. The Room (8,918 votes)
16. X-Men: The Last Stand (10,341 votes)
15. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (10,353 votes)
14. Troll 2 (10,384 votes)
13. Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace (10,795 votes)
12. Birdemic: Shock and Terror (11,076 votes)
11. High School Musical (12,878 votes)
10. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (13,792 votes)
9. Son of the Mask (14,680 votes)
8. Jack and Jill (15,720 votes)
7. Battlefield Earth (16,138 votes)
6. Super Mario Bros. (17,755 votes)
5. Last Airbender (18,086 votes)
4. Spider-Man 3 (19,152 votes)
3. Catwoman (22,544 votes)
2. Batman and Robin (27,929 votes)
1. The Twilight Saga (35,593 votes)
What do you think, Bastards? Any titles missed on this list?
It is one of this years best selling X-Box 360 titles , but Gears of War 3 is not a “feel good” kind of game. Depressing cut-scenes, gray unsettling landscape, big guns, explosions… it’s a fucking apocalyptic night mare. Thankfully, IGN hired Rifftrax‘s Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett to verbally assault the cut-scenes of Gears of War 3 with classic MST3K results.